Thursday 4 November 2010

Missing my basketball doses makes me sick

Bismillah ar-Rahman ar-Rahim

Basketball is my passion

I love basketball. In fact, I love basketball so much. This is the sport that I started when I entered high school. The basketball court was the first beautiful view I saw at that school. I started to have my hands on the basketball, played rubbish and went through the hardship of being rookie, being laughed at by the senior students, was one of the 5 members of basketball club when nobody else wanted to join it back then. I went through the hardship of being part of the only non-Chinese team in Kuala Selangor district when all other schools were looking forward to beat us. I went through being "rejected" to play in the school team in 2000 because the coach wanted me to give my place to the only final year senior who did not made to the team. Seniority.... sigh...

I was part of the team that played well when we were underdogs, when we all couldn't afford to buy fancy Nike, Converse and Adidas basketball shoes and everybody wore some cheap badminton shoes and I wore RM7 Pallas Jazz. I was part of the team which played crap when we had sponsors for our jersey with our names written on it, when all my team mates rewarded them selves with nice expensive basketball shoes for fashion rather than playing and when we started the "curse" of losing at the Zone Division in Boarding School basketball league. Ever since, I don't recall the name KUSESS in the National Level of Boarding School Basketball Tournament.

I remember the good times and will always cherish the good times when we played well, when my team mate scored a buzzer beater and won the semi, when we chased from behind and beaten one of the Chinese teams in Kuala Selangor with multiple 3 pointers, led Garnet team to the championship and left a legacy behind in KYUEM. I remember the good time of playing in the team named "Sampah" for 3-on-3 with my team mates Dr Muaz and Shakkir and won second place and playing for fun during my final year in University with my mates.

I miss my basketball doses.

Life goes on, people move forward with their dreams and ambitions. My mates have left university and started a new life. Ariff Sod, Din, Kyo, Azim, Hartono, I'm going to miss so much playing basketball with you. Although it was short, it was fun and I wish you the best for your future! Now that I'm no longer a student in University of Nottingham, I wish the best to the rest to carry on the legacy. Akashah, Neo, Yuri, Rudy and Cha, when is our next basketball session?

Today, it marks more than 6 weeks of missing my basketball doses. God, that IS long!

Basketball makes me feel good. A lot of my tweets and facebook status updates talk about "Basketball never disappoint me". Nowdays, the only way for me to quench my thirst of basketball is via watching NBA. But that is not enough, I want to play, I want to play, I want to play!

Literally, losing my basketball doses makes me don't feel good.

Ibn MuSa
Dunkirk 2010
Zulhijjah 1431H

No comments:

Post a Comment