Friday 19 June 2009

Dialogue with the Presiden of Pan-Malaysia Islamic Party

Bismillah ar-Rahman ar-Rahim

Last 2 weekends, I planned to go out of Nottingham which I don't care where. As long as outside Nottingham. The reason being was the Monday coming after it was the first day of my Summer Placement Programme with Boots. Alhamdulillah, I managed to get a place for the internship out of thousand of students who applied. If I did not go out of Nottingham that weekend, I would not get any other chance as I certainly would be busier during the internship.

While deciding where to go, I went around surfing the net, from one site to another. From one blog to another and guess what? Out of nowhere, I came across a blog called malaysianoverseasforum.blogspot.com. In the blog, the owner mentioned that the Presiden of Pan-Malaysia Islamic Party (PAS) was going to have a dialogue with Malaysian in the UK.


Since I was in the mood of "going out" of Nottingham, I decided to go to the dialogue straightaway. Although the train ticket price drained my cash out of my wallet swiftly, although many tube line services were closed during the weekend, I was determined to go. The powerful promotion video made me wanted to go there even more.




Alhamdulillah, I think it worth it. The dialogue was informative! The audience were vary from Malaysian student who pursue studies over here, to the people who work here and felt more comfortable speaking in English rather than Bahasa Melayu. Tok Guru Hadi Awang explained alot about the Islam version of politics, relating to the seera of Rasulullah SAW. Issues like Unity Government, Sisters IS, Tahaluf Siasi (PAS - PKR - DAP) and many others.


For the video of the dialogue session, do visit malaysianoverseasforum.blogspot.com.


Anyway, some of my friends were there as well. Right after the event, we went for a dinner together and I stayed at my friend's place. That is the beauty of studying in KYUEM and having alot of friends studying in the UK. You would get free accommodation and food! (Same goes to when people come over. No charge).

That weekend became a booster for me to start my summer internship!

Ibn MuSa
Dunkirk 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment