Thursday 7 May 2009

Katrina Kasyfullah

Bismillah ar-Rahman ar-Rahim

One thing about beeing a student here in Nottingham (and UK in general) is that we have the power to own a car. Why is that so? Well, basically the purchasing power here is strong, and people have the money to buy one. The minimum wage here is currently GBP5.73 per hour and I do believe that it will increase in a few years time. Here in the UK, even the mere cleaners can go travelling around EU if not around the world. I believe all this can happen because of purchasing power and reasonable minimum wages. (And of course, the cheap airlines available but I think this is the minor part)

I myself own a car. It is a Honda Accord 2.0, K reg (i.e. registered in 1992/93), with imported specs (Japanese specs). Katrina is her name, thanks to Norshie for giving her such a nice name. To make things even better, I got the car for free! Thanks to Ust Kasyfullah Abdul Kadir for letting us have such a great car. I can't imagine the number of reward (pahala) enters your account since day 1 you gave it to us till today. May Allah bless you always for being very generous, polite and a good friend and "family" to me. That is the sweetness of ukhuwwah. You can not describe in words but you can feel it.

Final day of Ust Kasy in the UK

I share my car with some other friends. Eventhough the car was very cheap (in fact, free!), the cost in getting a car insurance here is overwhelmingly expensive especially for people younger than 25 years old. Maybe the UK government think that young drivers like us can not drive properly perhaps? Although the car is owned by a few people, most of the time I am the one taking care of it, make sure it is companied by someone, mending here and there to ensure she is in good condition.


However, I am afraid I have to let her go. To Ust Kasy, I am so sorry that the chain of pahala flow is getting to its end (Maybe). It all started with...

A few weeks ago, a friend of mine drove my car away to a program somewhere not far from Manchester. Should I say, "our" car. He was not really use to driving car with manual gear box which Katrina has. So, you can imagine how people who can not drive manual car drive it. I guess the only thing in mind (same with most other drivers) was ensuring the engine stays on. In order to do that, usually they will press the accelerate pedal more than the amount required. You know how it sounds like.

Katrina, a gift from Ust Kasy


To make the story short, that weekend I was away and received a text message saying something like, "I am so sorry, Katrina got into an accident, she was injured." I was speechless. Normal reaction for someone in drama series is jaw dropped widely, letting go of what ever thing in hand (normally, a a glass of water). Well, I am not an actor so that did not happened. I replied asking what happened, anybody injured?

When I came home, again I was speechless. I just could not believe my eyes. My dear Katrina is badly injured. Sigh...

To Katrina, I would like to say that you have done well Katrina. We've travelled here and there together, had good time together. When your engine refuse to run I understand that you were tired and needed some extra rest. Same like normal human, when sleep is required not matter how hard you try to wake him up, he just won't. I will always cherish our moments together, sweet and short.

I guess time to let you go has come. Sad to say, gommennasai and sayonara...

Her injuries...

Forgive me, Katrina and Ust Kasyfullah

Ibn MuSa
Dunkirk 2009



3 comments:

  1. salam..hm..will miss katrina too..we spent a lot of time together before. thought that, I can practise driving using katrina. but Allah plan is better than ours. have to let her go.. waAllahu alam.^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehhe...cutenye name..

    ReplyDelete
  3. salam wbt. semoga nta sabar ya

    ReplyDelete