Wednesday 9 March 2011

Congratulation KUSESS Boys Basketball Team

Bismillah ar-Rahman ar-Rahim

THE BIRTH OF MY BASKETBALL CAREER

Nah.. Just bragging. I won't say it as a career because I own no income, but it is my passion.

I've talked about this before. The first thing I saw when I was admitted into this school was the basketball courts. That was when I made up my mind I am going to learn basketball and develop my passion in it.

I remember when I was a freshmen, we couldn't even form a basketball team because the basketball club only had 5 people; 1 girl and 4 guys and I was one of it. Then in my second year, basketball tournament was introduced to the boarding school and out of sudden the number of members boomed!

Each school will compete with each other and top two schools; ie the ones that manage to reach the zone finals will get through to the National level. In 2000 we got third place overall and 2001 we got second place overall. Both were in National level. However in 2002, we only managed to go to the National level but never get into the playoffs stage.

That was the last time we got through zone level and played in the National level.

During KYUEM Alumni weekend, I was part of alumni playing against the current students

9 YEARS OF CURSE

After that, the curse began. Freshers and people played basketball for the co-curricular points or for fame of getting the privileges given. It was when people looked at what shoes they wore and not the winning stats or the basketball skills they have.

Basketball is an honor, it is a privilege to able to play and be part of the team. Excel and you will get it. Simple concept.

The curse started from 2003. Sad to say, I was in that 2003 team. We loss to our rival, Sekolah Alam Shah (SAS) in the semi-final of the Zone Playoffs stage.KUSESS never managed to get through the zone level. Finally today KUSESS boys basketball team broke this 9 years curse, got through to the zone finals and secured a ticket to the national level.

PLAY BECAUSE OF PASSION, NOT JUST FAME OR NAME

Until now, I still play basketball. It is my passion, and I enjoy playing it. I watch NBA everyday to learn and to enjoy. That's the way it should be. Don't just play for the sake of fame, name or prestige given but play because you love it.

I still play basketball in university =)

Last but not least, congratulations guys! I'm proud of you. Keep it up and if I'm allowed by the school, I will come to play, compete and give what ever I can to prepare you guys for the national levels.

Ibn MuSa
City of Knowledge
Rabi'ul Akhir 1432 / March 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment